Pennsylvania Association for Drunk Driving Attorneys Public Defender Training Institute
“The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.” John F. Kennedy
Once a year the Pennsylvania Association for Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys (PADDDA) puts on a seminar. The seminar is for the benefit of Public Defenders. It is a totally free tuition event for full time Public Defenders. This means that the registered full time Public Defenders do not have to pay for the tuition to attend. The CLE credits are recognized by PACLE Board. The credits are given to attendees for free. They simply have to take the steps to record the hours all for under $13.
It is held each year at the Philadelphia Bar Association building (1101 Market-Frankford Line Philadelphia, PA) on the 11th floor.
The vision is to alternate years of education. Year one is a one day basic trial skills in DUI seminar. Year two features a two hour 13 hour CLE in the Standardized Field Sobriety Test Overview course. By design, the SFST class is limited to 30 people. Then a the cycle repeats itself.
Basic Trial Skills in DUI
- Lesson 1: Elements of the Offense by Kevin Leckerman, Esquire of Leckerman Law
- Lesson 2: Vehicle in Motion by Zack Cooper, Esquire of Levow and Associates
- Lesson 3: Personal Contact by Brian Manchester of Manchester and Associates
- Lesson 4: Pre-Arrest Screening by Tim Barrouk, Esquire of The McShane Firm, LLC
- Lesson 5: Blood and Breath Testing by Michael Sherman of Sherman Law
- Lesson 6: Ethics by Justin J. McShane, JD, F-AIC of The McShane Firm, LLC
In 2012, there were 52 attendees.
Standardized Field Sobriety Tests lead by Anthony “Tony” Palacios of Impaired Driving Specialists. In 2013, the class was full with the 30 attendees.